Often the need for insurance can seem like a hassle or just some additional “red tape” in our lives, after all many American’s have been paying their premiums for years and have never even filed a claim. It even goes against our nature to pay for something that we hope we will never use! And this is why so many give it such little thought and then they are surprised when they do need to file a claim, and something is not covered like they thought it was.
Insurance can be a complicated purchase. You’re not buying a new cell phone or a boat – things that we can touch and enjoy. You’re buying a promise of protection that could potentially make or break your financial well-being. But, how do you know that you’re making the right choices about the policies and coverages? Are you sure you’re getting the best possible value for your dollar? The options can seem overwhelming, and this is where a good, educated, and experienced insurance independent agent can be of value.
InsureU’s Founder and President has worked in and owned insurance and financial agencies since 1991, he is a Certified Financial Planner™, and lives and works in the community that we serve. We’ve seen first-hand how the advice and advocacy of independent agents help our policyholders. Here are seven reasons why we believe insureU and the independent agency experience benefits you:
- We give you a choice – Independent agents represent many different insurance companies that offer a wide variety of coverage options and price points. Most on average sell for five to eight different insurance companies. There’s no need for you to accept one quote from one company, and there’s no need for you to spend time filling out many different online applications to get your own quote comparisons. With their connections and their knowledge of the market, independent agents can usually find a better value for your insurance dollar in less time than you could find searching on your own. Independent agents do the shopping. You do the saving. They find you the right blend of price, coverage, and service. There is no need to shop your insurance coverage every year or two, we sit down with our clients to review coverages and do the shopping for you.
- We are licensed experts – Independent agents can explain the complexities of insurance in simple terms, helping you make smart decisions. We have made a career out of assessing our customers’ insurance needs and matching them with the insurance carrier that is best equipped to meet those needs at a price the customer can afford. Think about it. While you might research wording for wills on the Internet, you’ll likely go to an attorney to ensure that the document is drawn up correctly. Why wouldn’t you seek the advice of a licensed, experienced insurance professional to be certain that your home, your auto, or your business is properly protected?
- We are personal advisers – As Independent agents we will find you competitive pricing and make sure that you are adequately covered. Working with you face-to-face, we become your personal adviser, taking the time to listen to you and understand your wants, needs, resources, values, goals, and obligations. We know it’s not just about finding a price you can afford; it’s also about making certain you are appropriately covered so that you don’t end up insurance-poor if you do suffer a loss. We also understand that you can buy coverage for almost anything it you’re willing to pay enough but most of our clients are willing to accept some risk to save money.
- We are your advocate – If you have a billing or claim concern, or need to change your coverage, your independent agent can be your advocate, working with the insurance company on your behalf. Captive agents work for the insurance company that they represent, your independent agent works for you and sits on the same side of the table as you do.
- We are right around the corner – Independent agents are your neighbors…we live here, we work here, we raise our families here and go to church here. We share your interest in the community where we both live and we understand the benefits and challenges of living in Oklahoma. We are highly involved in the community, buying from our local businesses, supporting our school organizations, and voicing opinions at the monthly Chamber of Commerce meeting. We are right around the corner, ready to help.
- We offer one-stop shopping – As Independent agents we can often meet all of your insurance needs with the companies we represent, providing auto, home, renter’s, and business coverage. We also offer life, health, disability, and Long-Term Care insurance as well.
- We are consultants for a lifetime – As your Independent agent we will periodically review your coverage. We are here to help you through all the changes in your life, whether you’re going from renting an apartment to buying a home, starting a business, getting married, renovating your home, adding a teen driver to your auto policy, or looking to cover that retirement condo and golf cart!
Choosing your insurance advisor isn’t something that should be taken lightly, or you’ll likely be looking for a new advisor in just a year or two. Relationships are important to us and we want to be sure that our friends, family, and neighborhood are getting the coverage and attention that they deserve.
We know insurance premiums can be a large budget item for most and that your insurance dollar needs to stretch as far as possible. In an ideal world we could all afford to cover everything regardless of the price but in the real world this is where your independent insurance agent can make an impact. After getting to know our clients we are able to recommend the coverages that are most important to you, our client, and skip those coverages that aren’t needed.
At insureU we are looking forward to working with you to design a specifically tailored insurance portfolio that has no overlaps in coverage but more importantly no holes where coverage should be. We are looking forward to working together.