At insureUoklahoma we get it, your motorcycle is your pride and joy. It’s your weekend ride with friends to unwind. It’s your reliable transportation for work. It’s your way of life! So, you want your bike protected, and if something happens, you want the best motorcycle insurance, taking motorcycle of the claim quickly and affordably.
At insureUoklahoma, we provide the protection from trusted motorcycle insurance companies that stand behind their policies with industry-leading services, coverage, and support. You’ll also find money-saving motorcycle insurance discounts, experienced customer service and claims support. It’s why our clients have trusted us to help protect them and their different types of motorcycles year after year.
You can get Motorcycle Insurance from insureUoklahoma today with a fast, free quote. Here’s more of what we provide through our affordable motorcycle insurance:
- Multiple options: We offer different types of motorcycle insurance coverage options based on your needs, including collision, comprehensive, and bodily injury, rental reimbursement, roadside assistance, optional/special equipment coverage, and much more.
- Protection for different types of bikes: If it’s street legal we can usually cover all types of motorcycles, from manufacturers such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, and more, and including models such as Cruisers, Touring, and Sport Bikes, among others. Check out our full list of types of motorcycles covered.
- Money-saving discounts: Looking for cheap motorcycle insurance? It’s here, but only the price is low, not the quality of service. Save with us without sacrificing protection. Get your motorcycle insurance quotes today.
- Experienced support: insureUoklahoma and their professional insurance agents have been offering motorcycle insurance and rider insurance for years. We have the experience and knowledge to get you and your bike back on the road when the unforeseen happens.
Your motorcycle insurance is a collection of different policies that cover you in different ways. Here’s how they break down:
- Liability coverage – These policies help cover liability and expenses when you’re at fault in and accident. The money will go to the people you hit, but it won’t cover the people on your bike.
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) – This policy pays for the medical expenses of people injured in a crash in which you’re at fault. You’ll often see BIL policies described as a “20/50” policy or a “100/300” policy. These numbers describe the maximum dollar amount the policy will pay for a single person’s injuries and the maximum for all the injuries sustained by all the occupants of the other vehicle. For example, a 20/50 policy will pay a maximum of $20,000 for a single person’s injuries, and up to $50,000 total for the injuries of everyone in the vehicle you hit.
- Property Damage Liability – This policy pays for damage done to the other vehicle if you’re at fault in an accident. Property liability is sometimes referred to alongside BL as a third number, so a 20/50/10 liability package will cover up to $10,000 for damages to the other vehicle. Although this has been a standard coverage, if your policy only covers up to $10,000 for another motorcycle that you damage then you’ll likely pay any additional damage out of your own pocket.
The following policies cover you and your motorcycle in an accident: • Medical Coverage – This covers your and your passengers’ medical expenses after an accident. If you lose time at work because of your injuries, this policy may also cover lost wages.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – This helps cover costs if you are hit by someone without insurance, or minimal coverage. This coverage does not cover your motorcycle if damaged by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Collision – This policy covers repairs to your motorcycle after an accident.
- Comprehensive – This policy covers costs if your motorcycle is stolen or damaged outside of an accident.
Every state requires motorcycle owners to carry liability insurance, and most states have required minimum values for different policies. If you don’t carry insurance, you can get a ticket or the state can impound your vehicle.
You’re on the hook when costs exceed your coverage limits. That’s why many people opt for policies that cover more than required minimums, particularly if they have assets that can be seized to pay for repairs and medical costs.
A good rule of thumb: Make sure you’re covered for an amount equal to the total value of your assets (Add up the dollar values of your house, your motorcycle, savings and investments).
How much insurance do you need for yourself?
You probably don’t need to spend a lot of money on a Medical or Personal Injury Protection policy. You should be covered if you have health insurance and disability insurance through your employer. Just buy the required minimum.
You do need to make sure you have adequate coverage against uninsured and under-insured drivers. It’s relatively inexpensive in most states (something like $40 a year for $100,000 worth of coverage) and if you are in a collision with an uninsured driver, will help cover costs your health insurance won’t. If you’ve decided to carry BL for $100,000/$300,000, why not do the same for yourself.
Collision and comprehensive coverage is worth having if you would want to repair or replace your motorcycle after an accident. These policies have a deductible (the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket before coverage kicks in), and they pay out based on the current value of your motorcycle, not what you paid for it.
Choose the highest deductible you can afford, because a higher deductible will significantly lower your premium. You’re seeking coverage for major damages to your motorcycle, not for every little thing that can go wrong. It’s better to spend $500 of your own money on minor repairs every so often than pay an extra $50 a month whether you need repairs or not. Save collision insurance for when you have motorcycle repairs that cost thousands, not hundreds. Remember, if you submit a claim for every little thing, your premium will sky rocket or you’ll be cancelled.
We’re ready to help. Get a motorcycle insurance quote today from one of the best motorcycle insurance companies. We’ll help protect your bike now and in the future.
Have more questions regarding your bike and/or rider insurance? Call your professional insurance agent at insureUoklahoma at 918.322.7100 or send us an email at info@insureUoklahoma.com.